Iterion Therapeutics is a venture-backed, clinical stage biotechnology company developing novel
targeted cancer therapeutics.
The Vice President, Development and Corporate Strategy is responsible for the overarching product development strategy with responsibility for gathering cross-functional input, synthesizing team recommendations, and directing the overall program prioritization and progress while maintaining adherence to timelines and budget. This individual will be accountable for leading a cross-functional team to define the best path to maximize the value of products in the pipeline. Additionally, the ideal candidate will identify and build relationships with potential business development partners. The position will be work closely with the C-Suite and Board of Directors to develop and execute on company goals. Lastly, this individual is expected to maintain consistent, multi-level communication with Development Team Members, Scientific Advisors, Collaborators, and Executive Team.
• Lead process to optimize product development strategy to maximize pipeline value
• Work with the cross-functional leaders to develop a comprehensive product development vision and strategy for Company’s lead asset and other products in the pipeline
• Conduct disease state opportunity assessments (epidemiology, burden of disease, available and pipeline therapies, current and future unmet needs) and build the business case (market opportunity, scientific rationale, TPP, timeline and resources, risks and considerations) for pipeline products
• Identify and manage critical path activities and resources with contingency plans in place to proactively mitigate potential roadblocks
• Responsible for long term program management, ensuring that it has adequate resources and technical expertise to meet strategic objectives and adhere to agreed-upon scope, timelines, resources, and budget
• Identify and cultivate relationships with key external scientific and medical thought leaders to ensure the highest quality inputs
• Identify and screen opportunities, initiate discussions and cultivate partner relationships
CAPABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Deep working knowledge of oncology product development and how to integrate novel therapeutics into the treatment landscape
• Ability to meld science, market insights, and competitive intelligence into compelling, value-creating strategies
• Robust drug development experience and understand what it takes to shepherd a molecule through its lifecycle to realize maximum value for its targeted population(s)
• Strong leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clinical scientists, biologists, manufacturing experts, as well as with regulatory and commercial colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Capable of synthesizing inputs from several diverse sources into an executable work plan
• Comfortable engaging and communicating with external stakeholders including potential business development partners and investors
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline; advanced or professional degree highly desirable (e.g., PhD, MD, or MBA)
• 10+ years of bio-pharmaceutical industry experience with at least 5 years of relevant work experiences in the biotech/pharmaceutical or consulting sector
• Must demonstrate deep knowledge of oncology and the drug development process relevant to biotech/ pharmaceutical companies.
• Direct experience sourcing and implementing biotech/pharma partnership
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Medical Dental Vision, and Life Coverage, 401(k), PTO, Discount Programs, Adoption Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement
For interested applicants please submit resumes and professional references to HR@IterionTX.com
Iterion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.