Provide prompt and accurate response to and diagnose problems through discussions with end users. Research, diagnose and resolve complex technical problems. Provide expert demand maintenance of DATA Center and desktop and laptop computer systems and applications for staff and business unit organizations. Manage and support computers attached to lab systems in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of Company’s information and technology systems
- Determines company’s long-term systems needs and hardware acquisitions to accomplish the organizations’ business objectives
- Coordinates and controls all projects related to selections, acquisition, development and installation of information systems
- Maintains current knowledge of new hardware and software and recommends upgrading to maintain efficient operation. Recognizes new developments in information systems technology, and anticipates organizational modifications.
- Manages installation, configuration, and maintenance of the organization’s premise server and workstations; including upgrades, security, network topology, software-licensing compliance, etc.
- Manages performance of multiple hardware and software platform interfaces at the most complex level.
- Ensures confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information, and intellectual property.
- Manages the analysis, development, testing and implementation of new Web and client/server systems.
- Manages end-user support for all team members
- Directs the IT team, while working closely with management to ensure the overall success of the team.
- IT Project management
- Data Center Software
- VMware Vcenter 6.7, EMC UNITY Shared storage, Track-IT, CITRIX Workplace Suite, AVG Anti-virus for Business, Arcserve Unified Data Protection, APC networked UPS, SAGE 50 Accounting, QCBD
- Operating systems
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- HP Servers, Lenovo Servers, EMC Shared Storage, HP and Lenovo Desktops and Laptops, Projectors and A/V equipment, Sonicwall Firewall and SonicWave WIFI VLANs
- Citrix NetScaler, EMC Virtual appliances
- TCP/IP addressing, VLAN routing and remote access clients
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors or Associate’s degree or equivalent from college or technical school; five or more years of related experience and/or training.
VGXI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates contact Christy Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.