Under direct supervision of the Director of IT, provide prompt and accurate response to and diagnose problems through discussions with end users, research, diagnose and resolve moderately complex technical problems. Respond to requests for technical support as well as document, track, and monitor the problems to ensure a timely resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Supports desktop and laptop computer systems and applications for staff and business unit organizations.
Responsible for the following functions:
- Setup, testing and implementation of all desktop and laptop computer systems.
- Manage the corporate desktop, laptop and lab computer systems to ensure performance & availability.
- Maintain office and lab computer configurations following SOPs found in the VGXI quality system.
- Maintain accurate IT inventory documentation for hardware and software.
- Maintain IT workroom.
- Organize and document parts and supplies.
- Recycle and/or dispose of obsolete computer equipment in following VGXI policies.
- Utilize incident tracking system to accurately document all problems and resolutions.
- Maintain operating systems on all desktops and laptop computers. Perform regular preventative maintenance on all user systems to maintain security, improve performance and prevent downtime.
- Apply and maintain records of vendor updates as appropriate and timely as possible for all systems.
- Maintain IT documentation as well as create SOP documents in the quality system to describe all system administration responsibilities, setup and maintenance.
- Maintain anti-virus software and application updates.
- Support remote office and traveling users.
- Manage daily backups of critical systems.
- Support end users in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Required functional knowledge and experience:
- Applications: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Anti-virus clients
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10
- Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Projectors
- Networking: TCP/IP addressing, routing and remote access clients
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent from college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contract to hire position.
VGXI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please address inquiries to Christy Franco at email@example.com.