H0238 Office of Tech Management
Evaluates and analyzes market potential, conducts patent searches for new invention disclosures and provides general office and technical support in intellectual property management. Drafts and negotiates new and amended technology transfer agreements and monitors existing agreements to ensure compliance with contract terms. Documents patents and assists in managing and tracking university’s intellectual property assets.
- Conducts patent searches and assures patent filing deadlines are met and works to ensure patent documentation is completed and filed.
- Maintains disclosure records, databases and summaries; creates reports detailing current invention status and patent and licensing activity.
- Coordinates agency invention disclosure reporting with Research Financial Services to ensure reporting compliance, administers other reporting responsibilities as needed.
- Monitors existing agreements to ensure compliance with contract terms; negotiates and writes amendments as needed; ensures the protection of university proprietary rights.
- Summarizes marketing information for university inventions at UH System Intellectual Property Committee meetings for review.
- Drafts, negotiates and executes all forms of technology transfer agreements.
- Evaluates, analyzes the market potential of and processes new and existing invention disclosures.
- Performs market studies, formulates marketing plans, identifies potential licensees, writes non-confidential invention summaries and markets selected technologies to identified prospects.
- Assists with strategic planning for UH marketing and licensing practices, and the creation of outreach and educational programs relating to intellectual property.
- Reviews currently funded research projects for areas of potential and upcoming technology. Interacts with senior administration, faculty and business consultants.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Master’s Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related Masters degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience
Salary: commensurate with experience
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits