Castle Biosciences was founded on the belief that traditional methods to determine cancer patients’ prognosis are insufficient and can be improved through the application of molecular biology. Our tests provide clinically actionable, tumor-specific genomic information to enable more accurate treatment and management planning.
** No third party recruiters please
You will love working at Castle because….
We believe our employees deserve excellent compensation, including base pay, bonus, stock options, healthcare benefits, 401K program, and paid time off.
- Our employee turnover since the company inception is less than 1%
- We offer an employer match of 100% on the first 6% of the employee contribution in your retirement plan. You are always 100% vested in both the employee and employer contributions.
- We offer 10 paid holidays
- We offer paid time off (including state-required paid sick time, where applicable) equal to 17 days.
- We offer exceptional medical, dental, and vision plans. . The Company has medical plans ranging from premiums of $0 to $100 per employee per month and includes complete family coverage. If elected, dental and vision plans are in addition to the medical plan selected.
- We provide performance reviews for each colleague at least once per year, with pay raises commensurate with market and performance indicators.
- We prioritize and encourage internal growth and professional development.
- We foster an environment of collaboration and advocate for open and honest communication.
- We behave with integrity and treat our colleagues with respect and kindness.
You will be excited about the role because….
Reporting to the Research & Development, Director of Evidence Development and working from the Friendswood, TX office the Senior Scientist will engage with colleagues in R&D to develop and validate molecular biomarkers that improve disease diagnosis, prognosis and/or prediction of response to therapy. The Senior Scientist will work with R&D Directors to develop new products and/or determine appropriate dissemination of data supporting the clinical use of tests offered by Castle Biosciences.
The Responsibilities and Duties include…
- Disease States: Cutaneous melanoma, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, and various diseases of the skin, with additional responsibilities in other areas of oncology.
- Data Analysis: Supports Castle’s Clinical Research team through the organization, auditing and interpretation of clinical research and technical data collected as part of ongoing studies and trials to develop validity and utility evidence for clinically offered tests.
- Medical Writing: Interfaces with teams across Castle Biosciences to produce critical scientific messaging materials, including peer-reviewed publications, abstracts for national and regional meetings, supportive slide decks, payer reimbursement documents, patient reports, and commercial literature, for the purpose of training internal personnel and educating external customers (physicians) and patients.
- Contributes to all stages of the publication process, including supervision of manuscript development planning, analysis of internally and/or publicly generated data, writing/editing of manuscripts, and management of requested revisions following manuscript submission.
- Generates and presents scientific abstracts, posters and oral presentations for national and international conferences.
- Engages KOLs from the oncology field to achieve goals for publication, data presentation and project deliverables.
- Training and Content Development: Develops content and executes clinically oriented education and training resources, including educational slide decks, journal clubs, ad hoc literature reviews, and other training venues for new hires, Area Managers, Medical Science Liaisons, and others as needed.
- Stays abreast of new clinical developments, papers and trends in the fields represented by Castle Biosciences clinical and pipeline tests.
- Works with key departments (Medical Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Managed Care, etc.) to develop and successfully implement clinical training programs as needed.
- Provides in-depth market research and analysis for potential growth areas and develops a standardized system for disseminating relevant findings and information within Castle.
- Scientific Meeting Coverage: When necessary, provides R&D coverage of key scientific congresses and cooperative group meetings as needed
- Listens for and interprets new basic and clinical data and competitive intelligence, and reports findings to stakeholders within Castle Biosciences.
- Promotes effective and professional KOL engagement.
- Clinical Trials Support
- Assists Castle Biosciences Clinical Research group with clinical study development and writing of study protocols.
You are delighted to present the required skills, experience, and more….
- PhD level training in the life sciences, with a focus on oncology
- The ability to successfully communicate and teach in a complex and competitive environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated team player with professionalism and commitment
- 10% travel required