GlycosBio Food Sciences develops novel nutritional and drug delivery systems based on the company’s proprietary Enzyme Modified Oil (EMO) platform. These products can benefit healthy individuals and patients with a variety of maldigestion/malabsorption conditions.
The Senior Scientist position reports to the VP of R&D and will be engaged in laboratory work ranging from tissue culture-based bioavailability studies to large-scale (5L and 20L) synthesis of prototype products.
GlycosBio is located in the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center (JLABs) at the Texas Medical Center.
- Develop new applications for the company’s Enzyme Modified Oil (EMO) platform.
- 60% – 80% in-lab activities
- Experimental design, analysis and interpretation
- Making & testing nanoemulsion systems
- Bioavailability studies (in vitro & in vivo)
- Production of EMO prototypes
- Process optimization and technology transfer
- Analytical tasks
- General lab tasks associated with a start-up operation (e.g. wash the dishes…)
- Product prototyping and production (lab/pilot scale)
- Process development and optimization
- Monitor latest developments in the field (scientific literature and patents)
- Collaborate with investigators at local academic institutions (TMC)
- Supervise the activities of interns and research assistants
- Contribute to development of Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio
- Qualifications/Education Desired:
- Ph.D. in Food Science, Biochemistry or related field.
- 4+ years of related research experience.
- An experimentalist with a proven track record of innovation and problem solving in multidisciplinary research areas.
- Experience working on lipid-based systems and bioavailability
- Knowledge of food chemistry and analytical methods
- Experience using analytical tools (GC, HPLC, NMR, Zetasizer, etc.).
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative cross-functional environment and to work effectively with a diverse team of scientists and engineers.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with changing projects and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary & Benefits
GlycosBio Food Sciences offers a competitive compensation package and full medical benefits. Compensation would include a market base salary and potential for participation in an equity incentive based on performance.
Interested candidates should forward CV and cover letter to Suzanne Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org