We are currently seeking a Full Time Scientist/Senior Scientist Position for our CMC-PD to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas and will be responsible for the process and product development for GMP manufacturing of engineered, autologous, or allogeneic T cells used in Adoptive Cell Therapies for cancer patients. The incumbent will be using his/ her in-depth knowledge of, T-cell biology, Immunology preferably in the context of adoptive cellular therapy, to improve the manufacturability of patient specific T-cell products for clinical use in various phases of clinical trials and commercial manufacturing. As part of a collaborative, highly spirited, hardworking team, the incumbent will enjoy a rare opportunity to see the results of his/ her efforts directly translated to the clinic.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Process development and optimization for Immatics’ proprietary genetically modified autologous and allogeneic T cell immunotherapy programs
• Contribute conceptually and experimentally towards optimizations of various steps for development of a robust process for manufacturing with patient material
• Understand challenges of T cell manufacturing and devise strategies to overcome those challenges
• Lead establishment of next generation manufacturing platforms and technologies for continued development towards advanced stage clinical trials
• Phenotypic and functional characterization of T cell products
• Provide scientific insights and recommendations to the Department’s strategy
• Provide technical writing support for IND submissions and the required study reports needed
• Support of day-to-day operations within CMC (Process Development and GMP manufacturing)
• Provide technical support and expertise to GMP manufacturing group of CMCs throughout clinical trials by provided technical knowledge about T-cell products
• Other duties as assigned
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• REQUIRED: Ph.D in Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or closely related field.
• PREFERRED: Strong background in T Cell biology and immunology and understanding of the field of engineered CAR-T and/or TCR-T Cells.
• Three (3) years of experience with CAR-T and/or TCR-T cell generation, scale up for GMP manufacturing and product characterization
• Overall familiarity and understanding of various manufacturing platforms such as Prodigy, Xuri, G-Rex
• Experience with processing devices such as CliniMACS, SEPAX, LOVO etc. is a plus
• Experience in designing of viral vector constructs and proficiency in using Snapgene or similar softwares
• Experience in flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine release assays and other analytical techniques (e.g. qPCR).
• Understanding of transfection/transduction of cell lines and primary human cells.
• Working in a regulated environment (writing research reports, SOPs, and IND sections).
• PREFERRED: Experience in the biotech/pharma industry and experience managing both people and projects.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to make sound decisions and approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
• High degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Careful editing and documenting of results.
• Ability to embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence.
• Dedication to innovation and science.
• Ability to approach tasks in a structured, reliable and foresighted manner; combined with a high level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision
insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.