Immatics combines the discovery of true targets for cancer immunotherapies with the development of the right T cell receptors with the goal of enabling a robust and specific T cell response against these targets. This deep know-how is the foundation for our pipeline of Adoptive Cell Therapies and TCR Bispecifics as well as our partnerships with global leaders in the pharmaceutical industry. Operating from Tuebingen, Munich and Houston, we are committed to delivering the power of T cells and to unlocking new avenues for patients in their fight against cancer. For more detailed information, visit www.immatics.com.
We are currently seeking a Full Time SCIENTIST for our BIOMARKERS’ DEPARTMENT to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas and will provide technical and scientific leadership and support for biomarker data, assay development for both non-regulated and regulated preclinical and clinical biomarker studies supporting Immatics’ drug candidates.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Responsible for providing expertise for biomarker discovery and development, supporting assay development, validation and study execution.
• Interact with other research units in a matrix environment.
• Demonstrate experience in the delivery of biomarker assay development strategies, and have strong knowledge of biological systems, cellular functions and concepts in molecular biology/immunology to enable discovery and development objectives.
• Responsible for developing partnerships in a matrix environment, influencing project strategies, and providing expertise in technology development and implementation.
• Lead the development of sample preparation, separation and detection methods, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions with the project teams on utilizing the data in appropriate decision making.
• Responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance appropriate for clinical and preclinical study execution including all prescribed training as found in SOPs and work instructions.
• Possesses knowledge, training and understanding of GLP/GCP guidance for execution of preclinical and clinical studies supporting portfolio projects as applicable.
• Responsible for QC and peer review of raw data and results from colleagues and/or direct reports within the regulated group, as well as participation in internal and external audits providing required information to auditors as needed.
• Mentor junior scientists/ research associates in biomarker strategy development, experimental protocol optimization, troubleshooting, data generation and analysis.
• Participate in continuous improvement of scientific and regulatory processes via update/creation of SOP’s, design and implementation of laboratory and study-based processes, and development of best practices for bioanalytical data generation.
• Partners across lines to integrate biomarker-based data into an overall understanding of drug MOA and efficacy.
• Ph.D. or other advanced degree in biology or other science/technology related discipline such as molecular biology, immunology, cell biology, or biochemistry.
• 3 to 5 years of extensive experience conducting analyses and research on various assay technologies and technical subjects.
• Comfortable working at a global level in a highly matrixed environment. Excellent interdisciplinary and international communication and moderation skills.
• Knowledge of the principles of molecular biology, liquid biopsies, cell-based imaging analysis and cell biology/immunology.
• Knowledge of assay development
• Knowledge and experience of global regulatory requirements as well as industry guidance as they relate to GCLP.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to coach and mentor colleagues in a matrix environment.
• Ability to work in teams.
What We Offer
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance and stock options.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.
Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies: Recruitment is managed through Immatics US’ Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Immatics US, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Immatics US can submit their information to HR-US@imamtics.com, and we will contact you if needed.