The Business Operations Analyst will report directly to the CEO and is primarily responsible for ensuring organizational processes are optimally aligned and coordinated between and among groups and projects. The role entails proactive planning, effective communication, coordination and project management of select organizational initiatives, and coordinating ad hoc special projects across multiple departments.
The initial responsibilities for Saranas include developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, customer service, sales order entry, inventory control and shipping/handling product. The individual also supports commercial operations and delivers results through leading teams/efforts, production reporting, data acquisition, data analysis, creation and presentation of data.
The perfect candidate is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats; is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and is able to work independently with little or no supervision; and is well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a dynamic startup with a wide diversity of tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a smooth flow of daily business operations through the handling of multiple complex and routine issues, communications and priorities in a timely and professional manner to ensure deadlines and obligations are consistently met to high standard.
- Prepares customer contracts and other associated correspondence.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Acts as the Customer Service Representative and handles customer inquiries and complaints.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and bookings.
- Responsible for mailing, shipping, maintaining supply/equipment inventory.
- Initiates, develops and implements process improvement plans to enhance organizational efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current.
- Leads or coordinates special projects or operational requests from Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Life Science, Operations Management or Business Administration
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to strategize
- Solid business judgment and maturity
- Self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and proactive
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong capacity to pull data, analyze, draw conclusions and communicate outcomes
- Customer service and order entry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP platforms, accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures preferredEmail firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.