Asylia Therapeutics Inc., is a new biotech start-up founded by seasoned entrepreneurs to develop novel antibody drugs targeting the fundamental mechanisms governing immunity in cancer and autoimmune disease. Fueled by investments from a world-class investor syndicate led by Sporos Bioventures, Asylia’s platform centers on a drug pipeline capable of modulating antigen presentation to the immune system which has produced unprecedented anti-tumor responses across multiple cancer models.
In recognition of the breakthrough potential of Asylia’s technology, the company was recently awarded the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) Seed Award for Product Development Research.
The position represents unique opportunity for a highly motivated, talented, collaborative, and entrepreneurial scientist to contribute to the development of transformative therapies with the potential to impact the lives of millions.
Candidate will be a key member for the Asylia Therapeutics team, and as such would be expected to be in keeping with company values. S/he should be a self-motivated, and productive individual that can work in a fast-paced industry environment. Ability to multi-task, as well as a collaborative and cooperative positive attitude are expected of all employees. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
• Have experience in aseptic tissue culture of mammalian cells
• Be experienced in common molecular biology and other laboratory techniques including FACS, ELISA, and Immunoblot.
• Assist in developing in vitro and in vivo immune assays to characterize the mechanism of action of antibody drug candidates
• Design, execute, and evaluate experiments – both independently and with others
• Assist in optimization and troubleshooting of technical challenges
• Possess good communication skills (oral and written)
• Participate and present at project meetings to discuss results
• Keep organized and detailed records using an electronic laboratory notebook
Applicant must have a degree from below in relevant fields of oncology, immunology, or a related field:
• Master’s degree in relevant fields with 3-5 years of postgraduate experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with over 5 years of postgraduate experience
• Direct experience with in vitro and in vivo immune assays
• Experience with common animal tumor models
• Expertise with flow cytometry techniques, and data analysis
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience
Incentive stock option, healthcare and 401k plans available
Interested candidates please email email@example.com