(Full-time position – Houston, TX -based)
Opportunity to work at the cutting edge of drug development
Hummingbird Bioscience builds revolutionary biotherapeutics through the application of proprietary biological insights and technologies. We are on a mission to unravel the complexities of human disease. Using systems biology, we find new and elusive drug targets and engineer breakthrough biotherapeutics to precisely intercept them, giving people hope for new treatments when all others have failed. This is a bold, new way of finding the right drugs for the right people.
Hummingbird Bioscience has built a pipeline of promising drugs expected to enter clinical trials in 2021. With locations in Singapore, and Houston, Texas, Hummingbird is well funded by venture capital.
Join Hummingbird Bioscience on our journey as we transition from an early-stage drug discovery company to a global leader in drug development. We are looking for a Project Manager who will work closely with the Program Leads, Head of Clinical Operations, Chief Medical Officer, and other members of the Hummingbird team as well as selected Contract Research Organizations (CRO) to help drive the development and execution of early-phase oncology clinical trials.
The Project Manager supports the Head of VISTA Program Development by taking responsibility for coordination and implementation of ongoing research and preclinical/clinical development work. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling project activities, as well as managing resources, including external vendors, involved with conducting research and development activities.
The Project Manager’s specific duties include:
- Supporting and managing product development through project planning and coordination of global cross-functional project teams
- Scenario-planning to enable sound decision making and mitigate risk
- Creating, maintaining, and implementing a high-quality project plan and Gantt with input from diverse disciplines (e.g., research, translational research, preclinical, CMC, clinical, regulatory, and BD)
- Partnering with Finance to ensure resources/budgets are planned and managed
- Proactively managing overall project timelines and monitoring critical path activities to ensure program and corporate goals are met
- Developing forms and records to document project activities
- Setting up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Reviewing the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Proactively alerting management when there are risks or deviations from outlined plan
- Coordinating and facilitating regular cross-functional project team meetings as well as ad hoc functional sub-team meetings as requested
- Developing content to support corporate communication related to program
- Interfacing and managing external resources and strategic partnerships including contracting and oversight of deliverables
- Contributing strategic insights to support value-creation, identification of innovative partnership and pre-launch or exit planning
- Staying abreast of the changing product landscape and competitive pressures
- A minimum of 3 years work experience within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree is preferred (e.g. MS, PhD, MD, MSN, MPH, etc.).
- Successful track record in managing preclinical and clinical stage programs.
- Understanding of the drug development process from pre-IND through registration
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships across internal and external partners.
- Ability to work independently and with the flexibility to handle workflow in a fast-paced start-up environment.
To apply for this role, please apply on the careers page of our website with a maximum 2-page resume in PDF format, detailing your education and relevant experience, and a cover letter with your motivations for applying for this position. http://www.hummingbirdbioscience.com/en/careers/