Conduct research scale production of nucleic acids on an ongoing basis. Perform and document routine maintenance on PD equipment. Assist the execution and analysis of data for the purpose of fermentation and purification process development. Assist the analysis of samples from cGMP seed banking, fermentation and purification processes. Assist experiments to evaluate new technologies as designed and supervised by senior team members. Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow batch records or SOPs to conduct cell banking, fermentation and purification processes for nucleic acid manufacture at research or GLP scale.
- Conduct miniprep, concentration and gel analysis of in-process samples of research and cGMP productions.
- Responsible for documentation and maintenance of PD equipment, such as: documenting new equipment and equipment changes, changing temperature charts, conducting and documenting PM for PD equipment, etc.
- Execute or assist fermentation experiments designed by senior team members to optimize fermentation process.
- Execute or assist in purification experiments designed by senior team members to optimize nucleic acid purification process.
- Execute or assist in experiments designed by senior team members to evaluate new technologies.
- Perform and record daily and weekly cleaning of PD area.
- Clean and sanitize process related glassware and equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent from college or technical school; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contract to hire position
VGXI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume to https://vgxii.com/careers/