Houston, Texas United States
Office Based:Houston – 2575 W Bellfort Ave #190, Houston, TX 77054
Work From Home Available:No
Division:Precision For Medicine
Business Unit:Specialty Lab Services
Are you a curious, creative problem solver that is passionate about changing patients’ lives? Do you want to be a part of a team that develops groundbreaking assays? If so, we want you to join us! We are a team of renowned scientific authorities who are making a difference through the delivery of groundbreaking assay results using clinical specimens to accelerate drugs into the clinic.
Our specialty in vitro and ex vivo assays achieve a variety of research, safety, efficacy, and biomarker objectives to speed and streamline research and clinical trials. Multiplatform immune monitoring solutions support our clients from preclinical through phase 3 studies, supported by our global biorepository footprint, cell biology, sample processing, and molecular capabilities. Because our clients need high-quality, accurate study results, we deliver meticulous sample handling and sophisticated global logistics—always utilizing industry-leading quality systems, including GxP, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
How you will make a difference:
As a Technologist, you will participate in simple and complex processing of tissue, PBMCs, blood and body fluids, both routine and non-routine procedures. You will work with scientists to carry out qualification of assays for new projects and be engaged in IF / IHC / Opal staining tasks. This position requires flexibility to work on different shifts as needed.
Other tasks you will be doing:
- Independently run PBMC enrichment by Ficoll method and perform cell count manually
- Set up Lecia® auto-Bond Rx instrumentation and run calibration & samples
- Run quality control samples and clinical samples and generate data
- Maintain a stock of all needed reagents and consumables and perform daily, weekly, monthly instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting as required
- Perform assays according to SOPs and support development of new procedures and improvement of existing SOPs. May perform other cell-based assays.
- Partner with QA to perform good documentation, and to ensure the lab operating under CLIA, GLP and GCP standard
- Assist lab supervisor and manager in training new personnel on project related assay, daily lab work and SOP procedure
- Assist with freezer transfers, generate reports to document the transfer, and coordinate with QC and entry of new locations into the BSI system
- Bachelor’s Degree (Medical technology, Life Sciences, Biology, or other related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-1 years of prior related laboratory experience
- Work well in a team environment, meticulously detailed and organized, can work in stressful situations and has good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new techniques as needed and can add to quality control of reagents through a variety of tests, writing of SOPs
- Superior attention to detail and time management
- Able to effectively scrutinize data
- Work under stress and be able to deliver tasks on time
- Possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Extended work hours may be occasionally necessary in order to meet business demands
- Able to see and differentiate between colors on the full color spectrum
- Able to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- At least 6 months staining experience on tissue, whole blood or isolated cells
- Experience in oncology related research or hematology research are also beneficial Experience with Lecia® auto-Bond Rx technique
- A solid understanding of current GLP or CAP/CLIA/ISO standards
- Have a documentation background in a laboratory setting with respect to regulatory guidelines (cGMP, cGLP or ISO) and SOPs
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Click HERE for more information or to apply.