Houston, Texas United States
Office Based:Houston – 2575 W Bellfort Ave #190, Houston, TX 77054
Work From Home Available:No
Division:Precision For Medicine
Business Unit:Specialty Lab Services
Are you a curious, creative problem solver that is passionate about changing patients’ lives? Can you lead a team in the development of groundbreaking assays? If so, we want you to join us! We are a team of renowned scientific authorities who are making a difference through the delivery of groundbreaking assay results using clinical specimens to accelerate drugs into the clinic.
Our specialty in vitro and ex vivo assays achieve a variety of research, safety, efficacy, and biomarker objectives to speed and streamline research and clinical trials. Multiplatform immune monitoring solutions support our clients from preclinical through phase 3 studies, supported by our global biorepository footprint, cell biology, sample processing, and molecular capabilities. Because our clients need high-quality, accurate study results, we deliver meticulous sample handling and sophisticated global logistics—always utilizing industry-leading quality systems, including GxP, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
How you will make a difference:
As a Senior Scientist Immunohistochemistry/Immunofluorescence, your primary tasks will be to lead IF, tissue based IHC Image based projects through assay design and development, validation, and execution in a timely manner. Working with Perkin Elmer Vectra technologies image microscopy and utilizing Halo analysis software, you will design and perform experiments independently and accurately analyze and present data. You will perform assays according to SOPs and support development of new procedures and improvement of existing SOPs. Supervision of assigned laboratory staff to ensure efficient organization, quality, development and execution of project(s) will also be a part of your daily activities.
What you will be doing:
- Utilize your experience in CTC, oncology, immunology or related fields with cellular analysis
- Use your outstanding skills with project planning, experimental design, oversight and advanced troubleshooting related to execution of projects, documenting and analyzing data and generating detailed reports is required
- Provide high quality output while building efficiency into improving productivity metrics
- Work with the manager, VP to develop project timelines and track to these timelines and train and advise junior staff in techniques, data analysis and presentation
- Ensure all equipment in the laboratory is appropriately qualified and team members are thoroughly trained in the accurate use and maintenance of the equipment and support safe lab practices and work environment
- Assists with writing, reviewing and editing contract and grant applications/proposals and writing/publishing papers, abstracts, techniques/or chapters to maintain the scientific standard and image of the company
Masters Degree with 10 years or Ph.D. with 6 years of relevant lab experience
Education concentration in Cellular/Cancer Biology, Immunology, Stem Cell, Fetal Cell Biology or related fields
- Ability to prioritize tasks and supervise technical staff
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Able to organize and analyze data, as well as, prepare reports
- Possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad and Prism
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Extended work hours may be occasionally necessary in order to meet business demands
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Ph. D. Cellular/Cancer Biology, Immunology, Stem Cell, Fetal Cell Biology or related fields
- A solid understanding of current GLP and/or ISO/CAP/CLIA standards
- Demonstrated skills in monitoring cell-mediated immunity through cell-based assays, flow cytometry, as well as, ELISpot, multiplexed cytokine analysis such as Mesoscale and/or Luminex
- Experience supervising technical personnel
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Click HERE for more information or to apply.