Location: Houston, Texas US
Houston, Texas United States
Office Based:Houston – 2575 W Bellfort Ave #190, Houston, TX 77054
Work From Home Available:No
Division:Precision For Medicine
Business Unit:Specialty Lab Services
Precision For Medicine supports life sciences companies in the use of biomarkers essential to targeting patients more precisely and effectively. We apply novel biomarker approaches to clinical research that take advantage of the latest advancements in science and technology, focusing predominantly on genomics, immune-response assays, global specimen logistics, biomarker analytics, companion diagnostics, and clinical trial execution. Precision for Medicine, part of Precision Medicine Group LLC, has more than 1,450 employees in 30 locations in the US, Canada, and Europe.
You will lead Immunofluoresence, tissue based IHC Image based projects through assay design and development, validation, and execution.
We encourage Scientists with tissue based immunofluorescent and immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications and excellent trouble shooting skills, who are detailed oriented and enjoy working with a collaborative team to consider exploring this exciting opportunity with us.
We specialize in high complexity, multiplex immunofluorescence detection using a state-of-the-art image analysis to address complex questions regarding frequency of cell populations for immuno-oncology applications. We offer a rare integrated platform, built to work with tumor tissue to generate both phenotypic and genomic information from the same biopsy sample.
With this liquid biopsy technology we detect, isolate, and capture circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and other rare cells without the need of labels or antibodies offering patients less invasive, less painful and more economical diagnostic options. This technology has been incorporated into over 75 clinical studies, including trials for prostate, lung, breast, colon, pancreatic, liver, sarcoma, and renal cancers. In addition, we are a pioneer in developing the technology for high-volume capture of CTCs to enable precision medicine in the clinical setting.
What your day-to-day will look like and how you will make a difference:
- Assay design, optimizing antibody and condition for experiments, independently and accurately and presenting data
- You will trouble shoot and correct scientific issues/problems
- You will deliver high quality output while build efficiency into improving productivity metrics
- You will work collaboratively with other technical teams in resource sharing and providing technical expertise
- You will train and coach junior staff in lab techniques and performing assay
- You will assist with writing, reviewing and editing contract and grant applications/proposals
- You will assist with writing and publishing papers, abstracts, to maintain the scientific standard and image of the company
- You will identify, update and implement emerging laboratory techniques
- You will present completed work to clients, or at appropriate scientific meetings
- Ph. D. Cellular/Cancer Biology, Immunology, Stem Cell, Fetal Cell Biology or related fields and 3 years’ relevant laboratory experience or Master’s Degree and 5+ years relevant laboratory experience
- Strong expertise with tissue based immunofluorescent and immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications
- Experience with Perkin Elmer Vectra technologies image microscopy analysis is a plus or competitor technology
- Proven skills in monitoring cell-mediated immunity through cell-based assays, flow cytometry, as well as, ELISpot, multiplexed cytokine analysis such as Mesoscale and/or Luminex
- Outstanding skills with project planning, experimental design, oversight and advanced troubleshooting related to execution of projects, documenting and analyzing data and generating detailed reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Design and perform experiments, independently and accurately analyze and present data
- Ability to prioritize tasks and supervise technical staff
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and analyze data, as well as, prepare reports
- Possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent use of discernment and discretion
- Extended work hours may occasionally be necessary in order to meet business demands
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Deep understanding of current GLP and/or ISO/CAP/CLIA standards
- Experience with Halo analysis software
- Experience in CTC, oncology, immunology or related fields with focus on cellular analysis
- Familiar with GraphPad, Prism software
CLICK HERE for more information and to apply