OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (OA), founded in 2007 and located in Houston, TX, is a venture-backed medical device company. It is engaged in the development and commercialization of a product-line of dental appliances. Its technology accelerates bone-remodeling to reduce the duration required to complete orthodontic treatment.
The individual is a proven Supply Chain expert who will execute the company’s global Supply Chain strategy. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for leading and managing the sourcing, purchasing, and third-party logistics (3PL) fulfillment to support a growing start-up selling into an international marketplace. The individual will have demonstrable experience and success in electronics, outsourcing management, sourcing, and cost optimization as well as being able to effectively negotiate agreements that translate strategic business requirements into a long range Supply Chain strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own & manage the relationships with Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) and 3PL partners including issuance of purchase orders, forecasting, build planning, and other regular contact including QBR’s.
- Drive the Sales & Operations planning process by collaborating with Sales, Marketing, and Operations Management to develop credible consensus demand, supply, and inventory plans which are within demonstrated capacities, budget and inventory targets (S&OP).
- Own and manage the order release, fulfillment, and order acknowledgement process through effectively managing relationship with 3PL and shipping services providers.
- Interfacing with Marketing and Engineering for new product development strategy and implementation, optimizing material selection to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability, and industry leading quality.
- Establish and develop strategic sourcing strategy and supplier relationships, particularly with electronics and electronics manufacturing services vendors and any critical supplier.
- Ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing excellent supplier flexibility while maintaining lowest overall cost.
- Drive COGS & BOM cost reductions through effective supply chain sourcing, pursuit of alternate suppliers, and negotiation as volumes increase.
- Implement and manage effective supply chain metrics including supplier scorecards.
- Prioritize and adjust strategic plans and initiatives in response to organizational, regulatory, or market driven imperatives.
- Provide routine reporting and recommendations for internal and external manufacturing management, suppliers and internal and external logistics operations that focus on achieving key corporate goals.
- Ensure sufficient capacity exists to execute the fulfillment of customer orders and meet On Time Delivery targets.
- Manage Supply Chain personnel such as Planners, Buyers, Analysts, etc.
- Communicate proactively to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner regarding current and/or potential future demand and/or supply performance issues or misalignments (schedule feasibility, capacity imbalances, excess inventory, etc.).
- Utilize appropriate ERP systems to gather and analyze supply chain related processes and data.
- Ensure compliance to FDA regulations and internal processes in areas of responsibility.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge Areas and Competencies:
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with the willingness and flexibility to take on multiple roles.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Strong Intellectual Horsepower
- Proven experience with manufacturers, contract and/or internal.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP, and Inventory Management systems as well as forecasting methodology/systems.
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the company.
- Good operations/supply chain management experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver results against strategic business plans and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to respond positively to challenges and work effectively under pressure.
- Minimum 3 -7 years’ experience in supply chain and materials management including S&OP, demand and supply planning, master and detailed scheduling, and procurement in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field
- Experience and a passion for working in a fast-paced start-up working environment
- Strong knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues and advanced proficiency in SAP or similar ERP systems.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- APICS certification desired.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a supervisory or management capacity preferred.
- Medical device industry experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel inside & outside of the Continental US (10-15% max).
Interested applicants should send their resume to Vanessa Pitre at email@example.com.