OrthoAccel® Technologies, Inc. is a privately owned medical device company engaged in the creation, manufacturing, marketing and sales of innovative solutions that enhance dental care and orthodontic treatment. Among the company’s innovations is AcceleDent, an FDA-cleared, Class II medical device that speeds up orthodontic treatment by as much as 50 percent. OrthoAccel, the LEADER IN ACCELERATED ORTHODONTICSTM, has received positive feedback from patients and leading orthodontists from around the world who recommend the award-winning AcceleDent as the fast, safe and gentle solution to accelerate orthodontic treatment. Ranked on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in North America, OrthoAccel is based in Houston, Texas and operates globally in over 40. To learn more about OrthoAccel’s focus on improving the journey to healthy, beautiful smiles, visit AcceleDent.com.
The Software Development Project Manager will lead the software development efforts for mobile app, web, and database design and development on new product development and sustaining engineering tasks, performing hands-on software development for smaller projects and utilizing outsourced software design firms for larger projects. The candidate will lead the team responsible for defining, developing and implementing solutions, and will provide technical expertise & direction, facilitate communication and coordinate projects across departments to meet all business and regulatory requirements.
The successful individual will be self-starting, technically adept at all levels of software architecture, will possess excellent communication skills to keep the team on the same page, embody high expectations for delivery to commitments, be assertive at managing outside resources to hit those commitments, and understand his/her role in this key business function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is part software project manager, part visionary, and part business manager, and has complete technical ownership over the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Software Development Project Manager (SDPM) will help determine the Software Roadmap to add cutting-edge features and capability for our customers and business value for our company.
For incremental software releases, the SDPM will define the scope & schedule, write specifications & requirements, review test protocols, oversee testing, document results, and authorize the release of new code into production. When bugs are reported, the SDPM would also duplicate the issue, triage the priority & severity, and manage the issue through the ticket lifecycle.
For major releases, the SDPM would likewise own the entire SDLC, from setting features & determining and documenting project scope and budgets, set & manage a schedule, and would also engage outside resources and actively and assertively managing those resources to deliver a high quality major software release on schedule & within budget.
Since we are an ISO-13485 certified & FDA-regulated medical device company, the SDPM should be comfortable with utilizing and creating thorough project documentation and procedures, including writing and/or revising procedures as necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BSCS, BSCE or related and 8+ years working experience in software development
- 3+ Years as Software Project manager, running complex software projects among a team of developers.
- Demonstrated experience in bringing complex projects on schedule & on budget
- 3+ years directly managing outside development partners
- Must have experience in planning, architecting, and delivering mobile and web systems and solutions
- Well versed in software verification, both automated and manual as well as regression analysis.
- Self-starting; demonstrates high sense of initiative
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems or generating improvement ideas
- Self-motivated time management
- Supports and maintains positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, and management
- Demonstrates flexibility & helpfulness in a small-team environment wearing many hats
- Ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Utilizes good judgment
- Thorough at executing project details, from solid source control to developing validation protocols
- Must demonstrate ability to handle diversity among people and environments
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow-up and follow-through on project actions and tasks
- Extensive written and oral communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years hands-on mobile app development (iOS and/or Android)
- 8+ years of web application development (PHP, Python, Jscript, AJAX, CSS)
- 3+ years’ experience using Agile methodology or similar
- Medical Device / Med Device Software Experience strongly preferred
If the ideal candidate is outside of the Houston area, we will consider a work-from home candidate for this position. Initially, the candidate is expected to spend ~2 months in the Houston company office, integrating with the team & understanding the company software architecture, requirements, procedures & training to the company’s FDA-compliant Quality Management System. Occasional travel back to the Houston office every few months for critical events or to keep team relationships at peak efficiency. Finally, during major releases, the SDM would travel to the outside design firm’s location several times throughout the project to ensure the major release remains on track and meets all requirements. Total travel after initial 2 month period expected to be less than 15% annually.
Competitive salary, bonus eligibility, comprehensive insurance benefits package, 401K and participation in OrthoAccel’s SOIP (Stock Option Incentive Plan). Compensation package will be commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and experience.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org