Who we Are
We are an exciting startup company looking for a highly motivated and creative Contract/Full time Researcher to join a group focused on generation and optimization of recombinant proteins for discovery research and drug development projects. The researcher will be expected to generate high value recombinant proteins to support assay development and structural biology efforts. Responsibilities will include development and implementation of protein production strategies for 4 concurrent projects. This will involve considerable manual laboratory work, protein purification and protein characterization by biophysical & biochemical methods. The individual will work independently at the bench and collaborate with colleagues across various functional areas. She/He will provide protein support to programs from basic research through early development and generate as well as communicate results that meaningfully impact project decisions. The successful candidate is also expected to contribute to high-impact publications related to the job responsibilities.
Who You Are
The successful candidate must have either a BS/MS degree with ~6-10 years of experience or a PhD with 0-2 years of experience in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology or a related discipline. Relevant experience in generating challenging proteins across a range of protein families for applications that could include activity/binding assays and/or structural biology is required. A record of achievement documented by first author peer-reviewed publications is also valued. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential and will be heavily evaluated during the interview process.
Strong candidates will have many of the following skills and attributes:
- Working knowledge of common protein expression systems such as mammalian, insect, E coli, and in vitro translation.
- Expertise with modern protein purification and chromatography techniques, and knowledgeable with operating AKTA chromatography systems as well as analytical HPLC systems.
- Expertise in structural biology methods and structural analysis
- Proficiency with methods to characterize protein quality and purity, such as mass spectrometry, endotoxin assays, CD, and DSF/thermal shift assays.
- Expertise with biophysical and biochemical protein-protein interaction techniques and/or functional assays.
- Passion for exploring and developing new technologies.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, dynamic and curious person with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Team-oriented and collaborative nature.
- Glycobiology background is a plus
Interested candidates email email@example.com.