Castle Biosciences was founded on the belief that traditional methods to determine cancer patients’ prognosis are insufficient and can be improved through the application of molecular biology. Our tests provide clinically actionable, tumor-specific genomic information to enable more accurate treatment and management planning.
** No third party recruiters please
You will love working at Castle because….
We believe our employees deserve excellent compensation, including base pay, bonus, stock options, healthcare benefits, 401K program, and paid time off.
- Our employee turnover since the company inception is less than 1%
- We offer an employer match of 100% on the first 6% of the employee contribution in your retirement plan. You are always 100% vested in both the employee and employer contributions.
- We offer 10 paid holidays
- We offer paid time off (including state-required paid sick time, where applicable) equal to 17 days.
- We offer exceptional medical, dental, and vision plans. . The Company has medical plans ranging from premiums of $0 to $100 per employee per month and includes complete family coverage. If elected, dental and vision plans are in addition to the medical plan selected.
- We provide performance reviews for each colleague at least once per year, with pay raises commensurate with market and performance indicators.
- We prioritize and encourage internal growth and professional development.
- We foster an environment of collaboration and advocate for open and honest communication.
- We behave with integrity and treat our colleagues with respect and kindness.
You will be excited about the role because….
Reporting to the Research & Development, Director of Evidence Development and working remotely the Medical Writer will contribute to publication processes for the R&D team. . The selected candidate will report to a Senior Scientist within the R&D group to assist with the development and writing of literature demonstrating the value of Castle’s clinically available tests and pipeline projects. The Medical Writer will also contribute to the development of marketing and commercial materials to support customer-facing groups at Castle. This is a new position in our R&D Department.
The Responsibilities and Duties include…
- Disease States: Cutaneous melanoma and/or cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, with additional potential responsibilities in other areas of oncology.
- Publication/Abstract Writing: The primary objective of the Medical Writer is the writing of manuscripts and abstracts that convey the clinical validity and utility of Castle’s tests for cutaneous melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma or other required areas.
- Publication Management: The Medical Writer will work with the R&D team to establish requirements and timelines for publication objectives, including planning to achieve deadlines for manuscript and conference abstract submission and/or presentation. Responsibilities include distribution of literature to internal and external authors, tracking of review by those authors, addressing comments and managing the process to journal or conference submission. Publication management also includes maintenance of Castle’s literature libraries and databases, including indexing and reference supervision (Zotero or EndNote).
- Research Support: The Medical Writer is expected to stay up to date with current literature related to Castle’s clinical tests and the distribution of relevant updates to appropriate parties within the company.
You are delighted to present the required skills, experience, and more….
- Training in the life sciences (BS, MS or PhD) with a clinical and scientific understanding of oncology
- Proven writing skills with examples of application to the oncology field
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated team player with professionalism and commitment
- Minimal, <5% travel required