We are currently seeking a Full Time MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE I OR II for our CMC-GMP DEPARTMENT to support our team. This position will work in Houston, Texas. Your analytical reasoning and action-oriented style as well as your organization and communication skills will contribute to the team’s success.
The Manufacturing Associate will perform complex, highly specialized and time sensitive technical cell manipulation and testing procedures on irreplaceable cellular products during clinical manufacturing under supervision.
The main responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Performs cell growth and manipulation procedures such as cell enrichment, cell evaluation and sorting, cell culture, cellular product cryopreservation, cell product thaw/wash with minimal supervision.
• Familiar with and performs calculations to determine cell viability, dilutions, and cell concentrations.
• Perform procedures and maintain accurate documentation in compliance with FDA’s Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Tissue practices, as well as standards set by other accreditation agencies including but not limited to FACT, CAP, and CLIA.
• Documents deviations and events and notifies supervisor and quality management personnel in timely manner and assists in investigation of cause and any required corrective actions.
• Responsible for aseptic handling of reagents and products to ensure the integrity and sterility of cellular products until final infusion to the patient. Must adhere to special cleaning and gowning requirements for the facility requiring specialized gowning such as masks, sterile jumpsuits, hair and shoe covers.
• Performs procedures and maintains accurate documentation in compliance with SOPs and appropriate federal and local regulations.
• Follows procedures and policies implemented by Principal Investigator and adheres to all defined process and documentation requirements.
• Maintains knowledge regarding donor evaluation, screening and testing, labeling and product acceptability and release criteria.
• Performs routine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Coordinates supply inventory.
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline.
• PREFERRED: Master’s Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline.
• A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of cell therapy manufacturing experience.
• Demonstrated cell culture and aseptic processing experience.
• Basic cell culture lab techniques such as cell passaging, cryopreservation, formulation of media, aseptic technique, cell counting and managing reagents.
• Experience in molecular, cellular, immunological techniques.
• Knowledge of current cGMP.
• Excellent general lab skills.
• Thorough understanding of process validation.
• Write study plans, reports, BRs, WI, and SOPs as directed.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written and the ability to present effectively to small groups.
• Good problem solving and process improvement methodologies.
• Ability to execute complex lab studies and provide sound interpretation of results.
• Ability to write, review and edit technical documents.
• Ability to perform in cross-functional teams to achieve objectives within require time frames. Lifting up to 40 lbs.
• Standing/sitting for long periods of time.
• Indoors but in laboratory setting.
• Potential loud noise
• Vision to perform experiments and analyze results.
We expect a high degree of independent working, analytical reasoning and excellent communication skills. You embrace rapidly changing requirements with an open mind, think outside the box and show a high degree of flexibility in an environment which is marked by a constant striving for excellence. You approach tasks in a structured,
reliable and foresighted manner, combined with an elevated level of individual responsibility, enthusiasm and strong social skills.
What Immatics Offers
We are a committed and inspired team and cherish the collegial, highly motivated and family-friendly atmosphere within Immatics. Our culture allows for a high level of originality, independent thinking and initiative. We believe in supporting our employees’ professional and social skills. Immatics offers partial subsidized health, dental and vision
insurance, 401(k), 160 hours of PTO annually, paid holidays, paid parking, paid short/long term disability/AD&D and life insurance, and stock options.
If you’re interested in working for Immatics, please forward you CV along with a letter of introduction via e-mail to RecruitingUS@immatics.com. For more detailed information about Immatics and privacy protection visit www.immatics.com.