CYCAT is recruiting for Laboratory Chemist for an ISO 17025 startup laboratory. If you enjoy analysis, have an entrepreneurial mindset and would enjoy the challenge of helping build a lab from the ground up, this is the opportunity for you!
CYCAT is a multidisciplinary testing lab startup in The Woodlands, Texas. We will be focusing on Food Safety and Environmental Monitoring initially and plan to expand into Cannabis/ Hemp Quality and Safety. Our founder has a strong background in laboratory testing and you’ll be joining a small, dedicated team with strong knowledge of the ISO 10725 standard.
The Laboratory Chemist is responsible for executing laboratory testing, with support from our sister company with 15 years of expertise. This position will work alongside laboratory staff executing the day to day testing and reporting, and with the Quality Manager coordinating equipment maintenance and participating in accreditation activities. The Laboratory Chemist will collaborate on the adaption of testing methodologies. This includes the following key responsibilities:
- Conduct laboratory testing following strict specifications
- Prepare reference materials, stock solutions, internal quality assurance samples, media, reagents, and culture flasks in concert with the technical personnel
- Organize and manage the proper cleaning including autoclaving of glassware and plasticware
- Organize the use and maintaining the Instruments such as GCMS, LCMS, ICPMS, and others
- Review and suggest updates to official documents including, but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Update and maintain a reasonable stock of general consumables in collaboration with the technical personnel
- Establish and maintain high housekeeping standards in all laboratory areas
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or another related Chemistry or Biological sciences discipline required; Master’s degree or higher strongly preferred
- And/or Experience or course work from an accredited institution in Forensic analysis
- Analytical laboratory experience, either by education or professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs
Ready for a Change?
If you want a lab position with a startup company that you can grow with, apply today. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org