The research assistant will be expected to work independently on various projects across Fannin’s portfolio under the direction of the team lead(s).
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes planned experiments and is responsible for participating in the development and Collaborates with supervisor on the preparation of data for reports.
- Maintains detailed lab notebooks (e-notebook) to document all activities, record results, and insert/retrieve data.
- Oversees purchase of lab equipment and supplies and maintains inventory necessary to complete projects and experiments as assigned.
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding equipment, procedures and safety. Will be responsible for EHS (Environment Health & Safety) compliance as per lab guidelines
- Tissue culture projects will involve maintaining established cell lines using standard tissue culture techniques including: plating cells, determining cell counts and cell viability, proliferation and functional assays, freezing cell lines properly to assure cell viability and aid in maintaining an organized cell repository.
- Immunoassay (ELISA) development projects will involve performing bioconjugation reactions, mixing assay reagents, running assays on a prototype analyzer, and generating spreadsheets and plots of experimental data.
- Nanoparticle projects will involve synthesis and characterization of lipid nanoparticles, process optimization, performing in vitro efficacy experiments, and use of fluorescence microscopy.
- Other techniques: Executing various basic molecular biology techniques including but not limited to DNA preparation, PCR, RNA isolation, qPCR, molecular cloning, western blotting, proliferation assays, drug/compound screening, protein purification, co-immunoprecipitation, microscopy, etc. A strong candidate is expected to have successful experience in carrying out many of these procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- M.S. degree in a life science field plus 2-3 years of post-graduation biology wet lab experience in an academic lab or life science/pharmaceutical company performing research and development.
- Experience with tissue culture and basic molecular biology skills is required with experience in other listed techniques considered a bonus
- Able to interpret data and write scientific reports as well as other written communications
- Highly motivated team player with strong organizational and communication skills. Able to work independently. Ability to collaborate efficiently as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to multi-task multiple research projects.
Submit a CV/resume to Serena Miggins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Research Assistant” as email subject.