Level: Research Assistant Position: Full-time
The successful applicant will be expected to work independently on various projects across Fannin’s portfolio under the direction of the team lead(s).
Essential Job Functions:
- Immunoassay (ELISA) development projects will involve performing bioconjugation reactions, mixing assay reagents, running assays on a prototype analyzer, and generating spreadsheets and plots of experimental data.
- Tissue culture: Will maintain numerous established cell lines using standard tissue culture techniques including; plating cells, determining cell counts and cell viability, proliferation and functional assays, freezing cell lines properly to assure cell viability and aid in maintaining an organized cell repository.
- Other techniques: Executing various molecular biology techniques including but not limited to DNA preparation, PCR, RNA isolation, qPCR, molecular cloning, immunoblotting, proliferation assays, drug/compound screening, protein purification, co- immunoprecipitation, microscopy, etc. A strong candidate is expected to have successful experience in carrying out many of these procedures.
- Executes planned experiments and is responsible for participating in the development and revision of techniques and the assembly and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Collaborates with supervisor on the preparation of data for reports.
- Maintains detailed lab notebooks (e-notebook) to document all activities, record results, and
- Oversees purchase of lab equipment and supplies and maintains inventory necessary to
complete projects and experiments as assigned.
- Responsible for essential lab duties that include purchasing, organization, and maintaining
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding equipment, procedures and safety.
- Will be responsible for EHS (Environment Health & Safety) compliance as per lab guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- M.Sc. degree in a life science field with at least two (2) years of post-graduation biology wet lab
experience performing research and development.
- Experience with tissue culture and basic molecular biology skills is required with experience in
microscopy considered a bonus.
- Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Able to interpret data and write scientific reports as well as other written communications
- Highly motivated team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work independently with a minimal level of supervision and as part of a multi-
- Ability to multi-task several projects and work in fast paced environment
Please email your cover letter and resume to Ms. Serena Miggins at firstname.lastname@example.org.