The primary responsibility of Environmental Monitoring Technician is to perform all EM monitoring and related testing; water sampling and testing. Responsibilities also could include in-process and release testing of products manufactured at VGXI. Set-up, organization, and day-to-day operations of a Quality Control Lab are also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
Responsible for one or more QC assays as follows:
- Non-viable Airborne Monitoring
- Viable Monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring related microbial testing
- Water sampling and analysis
- Media Growth Promotion
- Gowning procedures
Responsible for documentation/administration as follows:
- Organizing all accumulated data
- Keeping notebooks up to date, signed, and reviewed
- Write reports as needed and enter data in software programs
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures and Protocols
Software Skills which may include:
- TOC Software
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word software
- Other operational software related to equipment used in EM
Other General Duties as assigned may include:
- Supply Management (stocked, ordered and labeled)
- Cleaning lab (trash removal, sweeping, etc.)
- Calibration and preventive maintenance of equipment
- Reagent preparation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or equivalent from college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contract to hire position.
VGXI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resume submissions for all open positions can be submitted at the VGXI Careers Page: https://vgxii.com/careers/