We are seeking a driven, entrepreneurial, and innovative leader who will be responsible for managing and growing the Bethyl product lines and those of other portfolio brands.
Located in Montgomery, TX, Bethyl Laboratories, Inc. is a leading provider of antibody products and production services that support scientific discovery. You’ll be working in the fast-growing and rewarding field of life sciences where employees are driven by their passion to learn and make a difference in the world.
Bethyl was recently acquired by Fortis Life Sciences, a startup life science tools company backed by Summit Partners. Our vision is to build a leading life science growth platform company via M&A and organic investments that will be recognized as a market leader. We differentiate ourselves with the best portfolio of high-quality products and strong customer identifiable brands underpinned by world class digital sales and marketing. We currently have a management team consisting of life science industry and private equity veterans and we are looking to expand our team with talented individuals.
- Assure optimal positioning in markets.
- Assure optimal product pricing.
- Assure all functions get the support they need with respect to products.
- Lead and shape the PM team.
- Along with strategic stakeholders:
- Analyze and assess markets with respect to industries, accounts, personas, customer needs, competitors, and technologies.
- Model and dimension the markets.
- Pick and prioritize where to play.
- Along with R&D and business development:
- Develop portfolio innovation roadmap.
- Delivery of on-time product launches.
- Partner with Business Development for optimal licensing, partnership, to expand product portfolio.
- Along with Operations:
- Act as a point of contact for product related questions from commercial, supply chain, legal and others and provide appropriate answers and solutions, in collaboration with all other internal functions.
- Prioritize and manage (with appropriate support from other functions) critical data management and documentation requirements.
- Margin monitoring and improvement activities.
- Along with Pricing and Commercial Organization:
- Conduct regular analysis of portfolio pricing, including price position vs. competition and across geographies, pricing structure, and ongoing monitoring of profitability impacts.
- Partner with Commercial colleagues to ensure pricing enables field sales success by determining optimal catalog prices, guidance on appropriate level of discounting.
- Maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and other important players in the markets.
- Provide product management and process leadership, from concept to commercialization to obsolescence/rationalization (full product lifecycle).
- Provide product definition, product features, performance requirements and trade-offs, product value proposition and business case for new product development programs.
- Along with key stakeholders:
- Assign Go to Market Priorities:
- Define/choose target audiences and personas.
- Define messaging and positioning across all platforms and channels.
- Support development of core promotional collateral and critical digital marketing activities.
- Monitor and develop appropriate responses to competitive activities and opportunities.
- Provide product application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate sales channels.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- BS degree with 10+ years professional experience.
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or related discipline preferred. M.Sc. or PhD preferred, MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the life sciences market and product management.
- Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and translating plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Growth-oriented mindset.
- Experience working across organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financial business plans.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to lead an organization by promoting competency development and inspiring others.
What We Offer
At Bethyl laboratories, we have an incredibly talented group of intelligent, down-to-earth individuals who are committed to developing and manufacturing only the highest quality products. To guarantee the quality of our products, all antibodies are produced, and affinity purified by antigen specific affinity chromatography at our sole facility in Montgomery, Texas. We validate our antibodies in a wide range of applications including ELISA, western blot, immunoprecipitation, ChIP, Proximity Ligation Assay (PLA), immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry.
We are passionate about improving lives through the support of scientific discovery. We believe that success RESTs on our commitment to our Core Values:
- Respect: Respect for the company, coworkers and oneself.
- Excellence: A commitment to high standards of quality products, science, workmanship, and customer care.
- Stewardship: A commitment to protect that with which we are entrusted; the company reputation, resources, equipment and most importantly our animals.
- Teamwork: A commitment to the understanding that pleasant communication, collaboration across the company is critical.
If you are a dedicated professional seeking an opportunity where you can make a difference in our business, our people, and the lives of others, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply on our candidate portal at: Bethyl Laboratories Career Center.
Bethyl provides a competitive salary, success-sharing bonus plan, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and a 3% Safe Harbor 401(k) plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. We are an E-Verify Employer in the United States.