Castle Biosciences (www.castlebiosciences.com) develops and commercializes diagnostic and prognostic tests that provide actionable information for improved treatment decisions and outcomes.
This position will act as Study Manager (R&D) to oversee the process of advancing study protocols from inception to data dissemination. Located at Castle Biosciences’ headquarters in Friendswood, TX, the Study Manager will be responsible for engaging with colleagues across the company to design, write and progress clinical protocols that lead to impactful outcomes demonstrating the utility and validity of Castle’s available tests and pipeline projects. The Study Manager will also manage timelines for the analysis and successful dissemination of data supporting the clinical use of those tests.
Disease States: Cutaneous melanoma, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, and various diseases of the skin, with additional responsibilities in other areas of oncology.
Study Management: Work with R&D, Clinical Research, IT, and senior management to establish timelines for study objectives (protocol development, site identification, interactions with Principal Investigator’s to promote sample accrual) managing interactions between groups to achieve milestones at defined timepoints. Develop clinical study protocol concepts, contributing heavily to the writing of thorough protocols that will achieve the data requirements of the project and company.
Publication Management: Work with R&D team to ensure timelines for completion of publications, including data analysis and organization, manuscript organization and submission logistics.
- Advanced degree with a clinical and scientific understanding of oncology
- 4+ years of project management in a high-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, written and oral
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and biostatistics software preferred)
- Demonstrated team player
- Proficiency with the English language and superior verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Responsibility to keep all parties informed of his/her activities as they impact select departments.
- Professionalism and Commitment
- Serving as an effective and supportive colleague to others in the R&D group.
- Ability to work and learn independently and efficiently use available resources in a small company environment.
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and commitment to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Respects the corporate values of Castle Biosciences.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Minimal, <10% travel required
Substantial time spent at computer
Bob Cook, Vice President, Research & Development