Castle Biosciences, Inc. (www.castlebiosciences.com) develops and commercializes diagnostic and prognostic tests that provide actionable information for improved treatment decisions and outcomes.
The Medical Writer will be located at Castle’s headquarters in Friendswood, TX and will contribute to publication processes for the R&D team. The selected candidate will report to a Senior Scientist within the R&D group to assist with the development and writing of literature demonstrating the value of Castle’s clinically available tests and pipeline projects. The Medical Writer will also contribute to the development of marketing and commercial materials to support customer facing groups at Castle.
Disease States: Cutaneous melanoma and/or cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, with additional potential responsibilities in other areas of oncology.
Publication/Abstract Writing: The primary objective of the Medical Writer is the writing of manuscripts and abstracts that convey the clinical validity and utility of Castle’s tests for cutaneous melanoma and/or squamous cell carcinoma.
Publication Management: The Medical Writer will work with the R&D team to establish requirements and timelines for publication objectives, including planning to achieve deadlines for manuscript and conference abstract submission and/or presentation. Responsibilities include distribution of literature to internal and external authors, tracking of review by those authors, addressing comments and managing the process to journal or conference submission. Publication management also includes maintenance of Castle’s literature libraries and databases, including indexing and reference supervision (Zotero or EndNote).
Research Support: The Medical Writer is expected to stay up to date with current literature related to Castle’s clinical tests and the distribution of relevant updates to appropriate parties within the company.
- Training in the life sciences (BS, MS or PhD) with a clinical and scientific understanding of oncology
- Proven writing skills with examples of application to the oncology field
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated team player
- Proficiency with the English language and superior verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Responsibility to keep all parties informed of his/her activities as they impact select departments.
- Professionalism and Commitment
- Serving as an effective and supportive colleague to others in the R&D group.
- Ability to work and learn independently and efficiently use available resources in a small company environment.
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and commitment to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Respects the corporate values of Castle Biosciences.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Minimal, <5% travel required
Substantial time spent at computer
Bob Cook, Vice President, Research & Development