ApoCell is a leading molecular diagnostics company specializing in biomarker development and translational research in the liquid biopsy and immuno-oncology market. We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a key progressive scientific position This individual will have the unique opportunity to utilize their scientific skills in the environment of an innovative life science company that is committed to development of innovative biomarker technologies.
This person will have the responsibility in conducting and managing daily experiments involving rare cell separation from blood using a proprietary microfluidic device and immunofluorescent high-content image analysis or flow cytometry applications. This person will work closely with other senior research scientists and technical directors to assist with assay development, project design and execution, and generation of data reports. Technical applications include basic cellular laboratory techniques with strong emphasis on immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry analytical methods. It is preferred that this person must have next generation sequencing (NGS) experience using a variety of technologies, eg, Illumina, with key responsibilities in preparation and formulation of unique library prep reagents. This person can contribute to quality control of reagents through a variety of tests, writing of SOPs, and training of other laboratory personnel, generation of scientific abstracts, publications and grant applications. We are looking for someone who is a good team player, meticulously detailed and organized, can work under pressure and has good oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Candidate Expertise:
- Ph.D. in Genomics, Immunology, Cellular/Cancer Biology, Stem Cell, Fetal Cell Biology or related fields
- Any level of postdoctoral research or industry experience in oncology, immunology or related fields with focus on cellular analysis is required.
- Translational research experience or track record with publications is preferred.
- Experience with NGS is required (prefereable with Illumina platform)
- Strong expertise with immunofluorescent and immunohistochemistry applications including flow cytometry and/or image microscopy analysis is required
- Knowledge of automated laser scanning cytometry or other image microscopy platforms is a strong plus
- Extensive cell culture experience is required. Experience with rare cell analysis including Circulating Tumor Cells and/or stem cells is a strong plus
- Outstanding skills with project planning, experimental design, oversight and advanced troubleshooting related to execution of the cellular analysis related projects, documenting and analyzing data and generating detailed reports is required
- Strong experience with statistical analysis is preferred
- Experience with grant submission is a strong plus
- A team player with good communication skills, ability to work under pressure and multitask
Please send your Resume/CV mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference RSPD500 in the subject line.