Requisition Number: RA0010
ApoCell is a molecular diagnostic testing company located near the Houston Texas Medical Center. Apocell has proprietary technology used to facilitate the development of drugs in clinical trials and predict patient response to therapy. We are searching for a highly motivated and ambitious person who is interested in joining a technology driven company.
Summary: Responsible for processing blood and tissue specimens and/or performing immunohistochemical and molecular biology techniques.
- This individual will have the unique opportunity to utilize their scientific skills in the environment of an innovative life science company.
- Performs simple and complex processing of blood and body fluids, both routine and non-routine procedures.
- Adheres to established methods and SOPs, quality control procedures and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Responsibility in conducting daily experiments critical to project deadlines.
- Work closely with scientists to assist with processing of blood samples.
- Technical applications for blood processing include:
- Flow Cytometry
- Ficoll separation or other blood collection tube types
- Other laboratory techniques include: immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, pcr, sequencing, experience
- We are looking for someone who is a good team player, meticulously detailed and organized, and has good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a scientific discipline
- Certifications are a benefit
- Writing and good communication skills are required
- Flexibility in shift work
- Experience in oncology related research is preferred
- Good organization skills are a plus
- Experience in hematology research is a plus
Please email your Resume/CV to Human Resources email@example.com; reference Research Assistant