ApoCell is a leading molecular diagnostics company specializing in biomarker development and translational research in the liquid biopsy and immuno-oncology market. We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a key progressive scientific position. This individual will have the unique opportunity to utilize their scientific skills in the environment of an innovative life science company that is committed to development of innovative biomarker technologies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
This person will have the responsibility in conducting and managing daily experiments involving rare cell separation from blood using a proprietary microfluidic device and immunofluorescent high-content image analysis or flow cytometry applications. This person will work closely with other senior research scientists and technical directors to assist with assay development, project design and execution, and generation of data reports. Technical applications include basic cellular laboratory techniques with strong emphasis on immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry analytical methods. It is preferred that this person have next generation sequencing (NGS) experience using a variety of technologies, eg, Illumina, with key responsibilities in preparation and formulation of unique library prep reagents. This person can contribute to quality control of reagents through a variety of tests, writing of SOPs, generation of scientific abstracts, publications and grant applications. We are looking for someone who is a good team player, meticulously detailed and organized, can work under pressure and has good oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Candidate Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a scientific discipline; Professional certifications a plus
- Minimum of six months experience in an academic, industry or clinical laboratory
- Good writing, communication, and organizational skills are beneficial
- Experience in oncology related research or hematology research are also beneficial
- Flexibility in shift work
- Set up instrumentation and run calibration samples
- Run quality control samples; Run clinical samples and generate data
- Maintain a stock of all needed reagents and consumables
- Perform instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting as required
- Performs simple and complex processing of blood and body fluids, both routine and non-routine procedures
- Adheres to established methods and SOPs, quality control procedures and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Responsibility in conducting daily experiments critical to project deadlines.
- Work closely with scientists to assist with processing of blood samples.
- Other laboratory techniques include: immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, PCR, sequencing
Please send your Resume/CV mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference RAMT600 in the subject line.