ApoCell is a leading molecular diagnostics company specializing in biomarker development and translational research in the liquid biopsy and immuno-oncology market. We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a key progressive engineer position who will have the unique opportunity to utilize their skills in the environment of an innovative life science company that is committed to development of innovative biomarker technologies and improving the lives of patients with debilitating diseases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This person will be responsible for supporting the Company’s existing innovative rare cell isolation system, ApoStream, including SOPs
- Knowledge in microfluidic flow and dielectrophoresis components
- Perform experiments on a frequent basis, testing units, analyzing and documenting results and providing engineering solutions.
- Work closely with the laboratory manager and other senior management to support the technical and mechanical system components
- Manage the supply chain management of manufactured parts and quality control oversight
- Partially assembly of manufactured parts
- Supports design, testing, evaluation and implementation of electrical/mechanical modules associated with instrumentation
- Execute work packages and other research projects, including design and conduct of experiments, protocol preparation, equipment and system design, data analysis and reporting
- Assure inventory control of consumables and other supplies needed for equipment operation
- Work with design firms and consultants as needed to support execution of work packages and other research projects
- Technical writing to support potential funding opportunities
- Train scientific staff on ApoStream® operation
- Work closely with research scientists, engineers, and technical directors to prepare experimental designs, project execution, and the generation of formal reports
- Utilize computational fluid dynamic (CFD) analysis and other numerical modeling tools to refine ApoStream® design including flow chamber, electrode and general system operation
- Support Project Managers to track the status of projects in the laboratory
- Adheres to established methods and SOPs, quality control procedures (including documentation of results) and preventive maintenance schedules
- Adheres to safety protocols
- Qualifications and minimum requirements include:
- Education – B.S. or M.S. or Ph.D. Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related field
- Experience preferred in microfluidics and/or dielectrophoresis
- Experience in electrochemistry, microfluidics and electrical/mechanical engineering design is preferred.
- Experience with design of experiment and statistics required. Experience in rapid prototyping methods for microfluidic channels and micron scale features preferred.
- Experience in material science as it relates to material selection for biocompatibility is preferred.
- Exceptional scientific troubleshooting and technical skills are required
- Experience with instrumentation including mechanics, fluidics, electrical design and optics is preferred. Industrial and
- FDA/ISO compliance experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Experience using analytical instruments used in the laboratory
- Outstanding skills with project planning, experimental design, oversight and advanced troubleshooting, documenting and analyzing data and generating detailed reports
- Proficient computer skills with mid to advanced level in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe
- Independent work habits and capable of working without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with scientists, lab personnel, project managers, Company management and customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure, multi-task on a daily basis, prioritize project goals, pay strict attention to detail, and meet operational demands
- Professional Certification is a plus but not required.
Job requires long hours and work as needed to support the operations, travel may be required occasionally.
As specified in the current ApoCell organization chart.
Please send your Resume/CV mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org